Publicity & Communications Officer
The Pubs & Comms Officer manages the club website; they are responsible for putting up relevant information for both members and visiting clubs. The website provides the first point of call for many people from outside the club and needs to be kept up to date and interesting. If we are not a SUTL comp then it is also important that they help out with the set-up of T-Score. If we are a SUTL comp then they need to provide technological help wherever they can. As this is crucial to the running of Warwick Comp, it is necessary to be well versed with computers including server management and hosting.
The publicity section of this role includes organising the sports fair in fresher’s week (and refresher’s in term 2 – if the SU runs this), designing and buying branded items including pens, fliers, and stickers. The job also covers making videos or writing up reports for all the competitions, and trying to keep the club visible and appealing. In addition to this, Pubs and Comms is responsible for media, including photos and videos. They also run all the club’s social media, along with the president, including the Facebook page, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. If they see an opportunity to get the club in wider university media then this is also encouraged.
- Providing and running the all the technical side ofthe Warwick comp, including T-Score (if we aren’t a SUTL comp)
- Maintaining the website, Facebook group, Facebook page, twitter page,and YouTube page (with regular new competition footage)
- OrganisingSports Fair and Refreshers Fair
- Thinking of ways to promote the club to outsiders
- Writing for the Boar
- Writing “Success Stories” for the Warwick Sport Website